1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

Indeed!

From Stewart Mandel tweet:
    Apparently JoePa wants to answer media's questions. The school is shielding him. Hope that press conference happens.

Hey, why shouldn't Joe answer the media's questions. He knows he only has a few weeks left to coach and he's 84. What are they going to do to him?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Another kiddy diddler sympathizer. I know I have it in me to kill someone if this were to happen to my child. I also damn well know that no part me could ever do what you and Dick sympathize with.

3. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Not proud at all today, LTL. Will be even worse if we find out what Paterno was told by the GA and it was the details in the GJ presentment. But until we find that out, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that the GA said something like, "Last night I saw something weird. It looked like Sandusky was in the shower with a boy doing inappropriate things." If that's what Paterno was told and he told the GA to go give the details to Curley so that they could go to the proper authorities, he's got a chance. Sandusky was investigated and cleared before. Maybe that's what Paterno was hoping for.

I realize there's only a small chance this is the way it went and that chance is diminishing. I'm going to hold out a little longer because the alternative is too hard to believe. Plus I think someone should wait for the facts before rushing to judgment.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Unleash the hounds!

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This is the odd debate where it's easy to disagree with both sides.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Ben Jones
    @Ben_Jones88 Ben Jones
    Scott Paterno says his father is "not stepping down" and will be on the sidelines this weekend. They'll fight this one to the end.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whoever is now running the show at PSU (it cannot be Spanier of course) needs to tell ScottPa, "if this PC happens your dad is terminated on the spot. That's not a threat, it's a fucking fact."

He should be terminated very shortly anyway of course but just for sanity's sake.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm only explaining why I sympathize with the illness aspect. I don't think that Sandusky chose to be attracted to little boys any more than a cancer patient chose to have cancer.

Now, the more important question: Can't he choose not to act on that? Like I said in another post, I don't know enough - anything, actually - about Sandusky's impulse control.

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

You should have room to cover all the news and reaction in section 1, and be able to have all the football coverage (and that has to be covered) in section 2.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Does the reason why anyone molests kids matter? We don't have thought police, but anyone who lacks that type of impulse control should be locked up, either in prison or in a mental health facility.

11. Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

So Paterno wants to answer media questions and his kid is an idiot for setting it up?
    You guys demand answers, he's prepared to give them ... For fucksakes DD.

Do you really think the Paternos give a damn about the school's potential liability in a sex-scandal of this magnitude? Esp. if he feels he is being unjustly crucified for his role in this scandal?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, now let's have a reading comprehension review. Seeing my posts, you will not see anything sympathizing with a pedophile. Saying it's not as heinous as murder is hardly sympathy. But of course you knew that. It's just like if I said, "kicking me in the goods is not as bad as murder," it would not in any way be me encouraging the kicking.

And now we're getting to your true point, similar to what Dukakis stumbled over on the death penalty. I would feel like killing, I'm sure, but I would like to think I would choose not to ruin my life and numerous others by doing it. But the point is, a personal trouble does not dictate a societal solution.

And again, stop the ad hominem "diddler sympathizer" crap, and trying to drag me down by tying me to Whitman. It's a shameful tactic.

Draft saved Draft deleted