1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Re: Penn State AD charged with perjury in Sandusky investigation

Oh, yeah. But the ignore button helps!

Bud, I've got to ask you something.

Throw everything else out the window. Just tell me how you can rationalize Paterno walking the same halls of the Lasch Building as Sandusky for the past decade, seeing him around the locker rooms, etc.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Spanier should have been fired instantly for the "unconditional support" statement.

His job isn't to "unconditionally support" underlings facing criminal charges. His job is to see to it his university acts in a lawful manner and that the long-term interests of the university, and the citizens of the state, are protected.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Doyel, live from the lawn.

http://gregg-doyel.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5881996/33197750

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's like having one of Charlie Brown's parents post!

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, Piotr, you're just trashing colleges left and right the last few days.

6. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

This would be known as Sports in America. And has been for a century. There is no sense of balance. That's why Joe Paterno has been the pope of Pennsylvania for 46 years.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So Bud, just for a second, put yourself in his shoes. Someone comes to you and makes a startling and very disturbing statement to you. You're the guy in the position of power.

Do you say, "thanks, I'll let the powers that be know", with no follow-up at all?

No, human nature tells you that you inquire more--what exactly did you see, what exactly happened. You get into the details of what the person saw and is alleging. To think otherwise, it's just not realistic, it's just not the way we are.

No one will ever know for sure what happened during that conversation in Joe Pa's office, barring Nixon-like audio tapes, but in my heart of hearts, my opinion is Joe knew the specifics--a lot more than he's saying or will ever admit.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, Shottie: Piotr posted that he has pics of you and Sandusky molesting collies

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Eventually Second Mile itself is going to have to answer a lot of questions. While it prevented Sandusky from being involved with kids after he told them about the investigation in 2008, they knew about the '98 report and earlier we knew the school had told them of the '02 incident.

http://deadspin.com/5857693/youth-organization-learned-of-jerry-sandusky-investigation-in-1998-let-jerry-sandusky-fraternize-with-youth-until-2008

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

The only way is to assume that he was wrongly accused. Charges had been filed and dropped before. Maybe that happens a lot to people who work with kids or at-risk kids. It could be, based on the GA's wording and how much they talked about it, that he thought this was another charge that could be unfounded.

That's the only way. Other than that, he knew what Sandusky was doing and he is an evil piece of shit to allow it to continue. I find that hard to believe but I'm afraid it is coming. If it's true, I hope it comes out so he can get punished and know that everyone knows that about him and that it overrides all the good things he may have done.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just looking ahead and more reasons why Joe Pa has to go: what's the reception going to be like on the road? How many child molester signs show up in Columbus and Madison? (Well, in Madison, it would probably be Fuck Deer, Not Kids). And PSU should consider themselves lucky they don't venture to the Cameron crazies for the ACC/Big Ten matchups.

Too much bad PR, too ugly on the road. And the current squad doesn't deserve to bear the brunt of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted