1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State scorn versus Michigan State scorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Some of the anecdotes in that story, holy cow. Just glad my kids aren’t elite athletes.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Michigan State working extra hard to keep the scorn belt.

https://statenews.com/article/2023/...ust-msu-with-rape-report-then-was-disbelieved

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That conversation probably happens at 95 percent of FBS schools. Including my beloved alma mater.

Disgusting, but I'm not surprised.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Starman

6. Starman

Just in front of highly probable removal

https://www.wilx.com/2024/03/04/msu-board-trustees-chair-rema-vassar-resigns/?outputType=amp

7. Starman

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Too bad the LSJ and Detroit papers didn't report that taking action at the meeting is a violation of Michigan's Open Meetings Act, which no longer allows for governing bodies to meet on Zoom - they have to meet in person to take action. That said, these two clowns deserve to go, and the MSU board has been a three-ring circus for some time now. And, why on earth would they meet at 10 p.m. on a Sunday?

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, isn't it time somebody comes up with some real good Penn State scorn? It's been a while ...

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, we had the whole Lubrano proposing they name the field after Paterno thingy three weeks ago.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ah, that's Lubrano. He's a jabronie.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd honestly be okay with it and -- if their goal is to get some of those aging boomers who are still mad about how the guy was treated to write one of two more big checks before they croak -- its not a bad business strategy. To the outsiders, you'll look like a bunch of weirdos still obsessed with him, but a substantial amount of people are and have never let it go. The fact that Lubrano and JayPa were elected to that board in the first place is proof.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted