1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

A reuben on flat whole wheat bread is not pizza. It's a reuben on flat bread.
    Why do you have a problem with that?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have a problem with you calling everything anyone offers "not pizza" but not saying what you believe "pizza" is exactly.

Is it just sauce, cheese and sausage? If not, what else?

Or you could just use "etc." and hide in your box, as usual.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK Ryan, just for you. From the menus of my two favorite local (i.e., family owned, not some national chain) pizza places with a mile of my house:

Cucina D'Italia:
    Pizza toppinigs: Anchioves, extra cheese, black olives and broccoli, fresh garlic, mushrooms, onions,spinach, fresh tomato, eggplant, green peppers, pepperoni, sausage, cherry peppers, meatball.
    Pizza specialties: Margarita; chicken parmigiana; chicken marsala; chicago deep dish; veggie (onions, mushrooms, green pappers, black olives); white; white with spinach or broccoli or tomato.

Pizzeria DiAmici:
    Toppings: extra cheese, sausage, pepperoni, nchioves, mushrooms, meatballs, peppers, onions, olives.
    Gourmet pizza: 1, Eggplant, pesto, plum tomatoes, mozzarella; 2. Grilled chicken, portabella mushrooms, roasted peppers, mozzarella; 3. Margherita with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, plum tomatoes; 4. Spinach, plum tomatoes, mozzarella; 5. Sundried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh mushrooms, fresh basil; 6. plum tomatoes, prosciutto, roasted peppers, fresh mozarella.

No ham, no pineapple, no barbecue sauce, no Buffalo chicken etc.
    And definitely not a freaking reuben on whole wheat!

Capish?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those all suck.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bite me!

6. JackReacher

Fine. So you define pizza based on what your favorite restaurants serve? Why can't someone else do that?

Say you don't like ham or pineapple on a pizza. But don't say it's "not pizza" simply because you don't like it. I mean, you can say it all you want. It's just dumb.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pineapple does not belong on pizza. Period.
    Pizza is Italian food, not freaking Hawaiian. The thought of pineapple with mozzarella and tomato sauce is nauseating.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's racist.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Right, alphabet soup man. I'm an Italian-American racist who hates Hawaiians.

10. JackReacher

Why no ham?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Used to get a great turkey jalapeno pizza in college.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll can see ham or any kind of meat as a topping, but not with barbecue sauce or Buffalo wings sauce.
    Fruit on pizza is an entirely different issue

Draft saved Draft deleted