1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Who the f*ck combines barbecue sauce with pepperoni?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering. BBQ sauce wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't object either.

But with pepperoni? You pair it with chicken at the very least.

[​IMG]

The California Pizza Kitchen version includes smoked gouda, mozzarella, BBQ chicken, red onions and cilantro.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

BBQ chicken pizza is pretty good.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Had that as my snack after work last night while at the bar...paired with a side of garlic sauce as well. Very good!

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't condone barbecue chicken pizza, but at least it's an attempt to put together ingredients that go together.
    Pepperoni with barbecue sauce? That's gross.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, peanut butter, mayonnaise and goat cheese on a pizza is gross.

BBQ sauce and pepperoni is a taste choice.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Since you put it that way, you have a point. I guess it depends on what kind of BBQ sauce you use.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No different here in my part of the Toronto 'burbs. before all the chains - Pizza Pizza (an abomination), Pizzaville (my fave), Pizza Nova, Dominos (ugh), 2-4-1, the Hut etc. - moved in there were some terrific local joints that were great sit-down spots or a place to grab one to go. They are all gone now, done in by the price wars and incessant advertising of the chains.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Pepperoni in combination with barbecue sauce is out.

10. YankeeFan

Yes, of course it's a slide show, but Food Network has chosen the Best Pizza in each state:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-states-50-pizzas/pictures/index.html

Some pretty interesting toppings. (No, there is no BBQ sauce and pepperoni combo.)

What do you think of your state's pick?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The Philly pizza bored me. But I am definitely going to stop in this place the next time I'm near Baltimore. Look at the pizza topping options there.

Not to mention the risottos: Bacon and apple, scallop and tomato, broccoli and capicola, ham and onion ...

http://www.joesquared.com/menu2/

12. YankeeFan

What was the Philly pizza?

Draft saved Draft deleted