1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but they and the individual pizza places are going to get a ton of publicity out of this.

Texted my buddy in maine to see if he had been to the place they chose.

He said it's new & always busy, so he hasn't.

Then he texted back to say it's going to be on the front page of the paper in the morning:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Otto-mashed-potato-pizza-named-one-of-50-best-in-US.html

If one of the places is in your town, your paper should probably be running something on it.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Between that list and the debt debate, it's obvious the country is doomed.

4. YankeeFan

Chicago Tribune's site is where I first noticed the list:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/stew/chi-best-pizzas-food-network-picks-50-best-pizzas-20110801,0,4066017.story

But it's not local to Chicago.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Jesus Christ, mushroom and artichoke? Cole slaw? What the fuck? That's horrifying!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just looked at that Food Network list of best pizzas.

First, I don't know Alabama or Alaska or North Dakota that well, but if you are going to insist on putting one pizza from each state on the list, you definitely are not going to get the best pizzerias in America. There is no way Utah has any place that compares to the 4 or 5 best places in New York. Sorry.

Second, I would bet on a reasonably objective list, New York City would have 5 to 10 of the best pizzerias in America, at the least. They limit it to just one on their list. ... and they pick Keste. Seriously? It's good pizza, but the best in New York, let alone one of the 50 best in the country? Maybe it would rate somewhere on the foofiest pizza in New York list, but the best tasting? That's just crazy talk.

Right off the bat, the list has no credibility.

7. YankeeFan

Still better than BBQ sauce and pepperoni.

8. YankeeFan

These things are always weird.

Like when Rachel Ray visits a city and picks some random joint and tells you it's the best place in the city.

9. jr/shotglass

Well, I bet AP will certainly give New York City its due when it comes out with its list! (They always do ...)

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is it blue cheese with tomato sauce?
    I like blue cheese and I like tomato sauce. I don't want them together.

11. YankeeFan

Yes.

I kind of agree with you. It's still good, but it could probably be better.

12. jr/shotglass

Blue cheese on a pizza needs to be a white-based pizza. Probably with caramelized onions.

Draft saved Draft deleted