1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pineapple, ham, and pepperoni with extra cheese for lunch.

Goddamn delicious!

2. wheateater

wheateater Member

All the above, but it also defends our freedoms from undercover communists.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

BP isn't bad at all. There are a couple of them in my neck of the Toronto 'burbs that we frequent after games once in a while. I know a girl who works in their head office and I told her I have still not forgiven them for taking the Desperado pizza off their menu.

4. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Don't get me wrong, I love cheese. But I don't think I've ever had a pizza and said, "you know, this really could have used another layer of cheese to put it over the top."

For those who often order extra cheese, does it depend on the place? Your other toppings? Gut feeling?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sometimes you're a little leaky and just need to gum up the works a bit.

6. JackReacher

I didn't ask for extra cheese. That's the way it's written on the menu, that it comes with extra cheese. And trust me, the lady who made it took that concept and ran with it.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Too much cheese covers up the other toppings.

8. JackReacher

Covers them up? I mean, are you more interested in seeing the toppings or eating them?

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

For traditional toppings, pepperoni and green peppers, or just plain cheese. Jalapenos are a good add to either one.

Place where I grew up (flyover country) makes a mean taco pizza that is good and everyone raves about, but they have a Canadian bacon and sauerkraut pie that I could eat every day of the week.

I'm sure this isn't revolutionary, either, but I've had some chain pies that had chicken breast, and hot wing sauce instead of the traditional pizza sauce or white sauce. Drizzle a little ranch on that bad boy, and it was pretty tasty.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

PIZZA: a flat, open-faced baked pie of Italian origin, consisting of a thin layer of bread dough topped with spiced tomato sauce and cheese, often garnished with anchovies, sausage slices, mushrooms, etc.

The stuff you guys are talking is NOT pizza.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

To me, the sauce is everything when eating the pizza. Give me great sauce and cheese, and I will take that over 10 toppings.

If I ever opened a pizza shop, I would give the customer four choices on the sauce: regular, white, sweet and spicy.

12. JackReacher

What "stuff" exactly? I noticed the word "often" and also an "etc." in your little definition or whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted