1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I used to absolutely love shrimp on pizza...the texture, the taste, the whole deal. But I can't eat shrimp anymore, so that's out.

Standard sausage, mushroom, onion, green pepper works for me.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So who cares about cheese covering up the toppings? I tasted the pineapple, ham and pepperoni just fine today.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'd rather taste the toppings than taste cheese, I guess.
    I'd rather the toppings be the dominant taste, I guess. I do like cheese, but not too much of it.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Get off my lawn! And turn down that damn rock and roll music!

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fuck you!

And sonner, if you want to taste fucking pineapple, have a fucking fruit salad.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why? I like it on pizza just fine. Mmmmmmmm....

Your box must be quite cozy.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You say boring, I say delicious.

8. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

For me, it's just a cheese pie if it's a really good pizza place. Otherwise, I'll go with sausage and green peppers (unless they use bad sausage, which can be the case a lot). I also enjoy mushrooms and green peppers.

I'll only order one of those extravagant pizzas if I'm in a mood for something strange. While I won't say they "aren't really pizza," I do agree that when I think of pizza, I think of the sauce-cheese combination and not the other toppings. But to each their own!

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I think we can all agree that bad sausage is the crumble crap. It has to be slices of good italian sausage or none at all.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For me, there is a world of difference in peperoni. Sausage, ok, there might be, but good peperoni is tough to find.

11. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Yes, the crumbles are the crap. I'm OK with the full slices or, in a pinch, the sausage ingots.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sometimes cheese is the topping.

There's nothing I love more than a Quattro from Bazbeaux's in Indianapolis. Five layers of cheese -- mozzarella, romano, cheddar, provolone and ricotta -- along with bacon and mushroom on a thin crust. I'm not sure why it's called a quattro when there's five types of cheese on it, but whatever, it's to die for.

Draft saved Draft deleted