1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plain Dealer lawsuit

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by martygit, Dec 10, 2006.

1. martygit

martygit Member

Now THAT was funnier than Bush's quote, Ace!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Marty. Keep slugging away.

3. martygit

martygit Member

Actually, Ace, by brother also had a PD paper route in the 1960s. But I don't remember ever helping him, so technically I never worked there.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. I had my own route for the Cleveland Press. We know how that went, though.

5. martygit

martygit Member

Now I'm curious as to whether I know you!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you live at 233 Rockville Lane, you still owe me money.

7. martygit

martygit Member

And your Christmas bonus, Ace?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not required, but always appreciated.

9. martygit

martygit Member

A Christmas bonus to a paper boy should always be required. But they don't have paper boys anymore, do they? Times have changed. I used to buy candy bars for a dime when I was a kid. Most of you folks are probably not that old.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got a christmas card from my motor route carrier today with the envelope conveniently addressed like I should mail it back to him with a tip...
    I remember the good old days when I used to show up at the door on the week before Christmas to collect,frozen, cold, snowy and milk the customers for the tip...
    This SOB cant decide to put my paper in the tube (good) or in the driveway (bad).

11. martygit

martygit Member

I could NEVER get up that early on a school day to deliver papers! My first and only job in high school was giving tennis lessons. $3 an hour my first year!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I delivered the PM paper... I couldnt get up that early either

Draft saved Draft deleted