1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

15 minutes away? Good luck with that.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

All the cars are turning yellow. Spring is here.

Batman likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Northeast Texas is about to get hammered. When they say "all modes of severe weather," you can strike that and substitute "tornadoes."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We got a crap ton of rain overnight. Schools are closed because of flooding. There was a multi-car accident involving multiple 18-wheelers that closed the interstate earlier this morning because of it.
    Quite a bit of water went into my parents' basement that I had to clear.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Batman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Just got my power back a half hour ago after 6 hours in the dark.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You're now 1/8 of your way towards a career as an NFL QB.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Bragging, not complaining: I got a little pink in the sun today while I was on my back deck smoking some wings.
    The crazy part is I was wearing thermals, gloves, and a toboggan when I ran this morning but was wearing shorts and a t-shirt by mid day.

maumann likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh boy, more atmospheric rivers!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A week out from spring and our first nor'easter here tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday morning. Boston suburbs to get 6-12 inches of wet heavy snow and 40-50 mph winds. Little snow on Cape Cod, but 50-70 mph winds. Either way, many power outages, so if you don't hear from me for a couple days, that's the reason. If power holds, then storm is just a pain in the ass for retirees like me.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Supposed to be 72 and sunny in Denver on Wednesday, then snow and 34 on Thursday.

Pineapple Express in Microville, temps finally above 50 but rain rain rain all day long. It remains the winter of my discontent.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Still too soon to know how much snow we're going to get. It's been hit-and-miss here in the city this year (though we're still above average for the year). It's been an incredible year in the mountains, especially Steamboat and the San Juans.

Draft saved Draft deleted