1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My friend I posted about upthread had a link on her Facebook today about a group for people finding pictures, documents, etc., that landed on their property in hopes of getting them back to the rightful owners. Within three hours she had found someone who had recovered a family photo with her as a baby. It traveled 200 miles from her parents’ home in Rolling Fork to the outskirts of Tupelo.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We have a massive explosion of some kind of pollen, and we also have a big brush fire to the west of Our Fair City.

Just fucking kill me, man.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I-5 southbound closed from Ashland to the California state line. I-5 northbound closed from Redding to the Oregon state line. No getting over the Siskiyou summit.

Microville forecast through April 6, starting Wednesday: mostly cloudy (29), light rain (30), rain showers (31), rain showers (1), rain showers (2), rain showers (3), rain showers (4), light rain (5), light rain (6).

Winter just won't go away.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The latest freeze on record in DFW is April 13 (in 1957) and the latest measurable snow is April 14 (a trace in 1928.)

It's gotten to 100ºF as early as March 9, too, so cue the shoulder shrug meme.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Supposed to be some light snow tonight in Boston area, less than an inch. Tomorrow's high will be 40 at best with 25 mph winds. None of this is unusual for late March and has never been. I mention it only because tomorrow's first pitch at Fenway is scheduled for 2:10 p.m. Whatever caused MLB to think March 30 was a good day to have baseball in New England? Yeah, it might've been nice (today will be 50 with light winds), but probably not. Put the Sox on the road for a week to start. What's the problem with that? Obviously goes for the Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Tigers and Guardians, too.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you aren’t from the Central Time Zone, I’m not sure I can convey how awful this map is.

Anywhere in the red zone is likely to have terrible weather and could very well see multiple tornado warnings. As for those pink spots, that’s as close to a guarantee of fatal storms as you will see.

Neutral Corner and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We've got red flag warnings here again today and it's already pretty windy. Couple of fires yesterday, one that was over 1,000 acres, another that forced the evacuation of a small town on the Plains.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border, we are seeing wind gusts up to 45. Temperatures are climbing into the low 80s. All y’all east of here be safe tonight.

9. Inky_Wretch

Western edge of Little Rock reportedly had a touchdown just now.

10. Inky_Wretch

First alarm tornado is still on the ground and moving NE toward Beebe. A second one has been warned just now in downtown LR.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Ryan Hall is really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted