1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Assuming you have a garage, yes. But that’s to save it from the hailstorm that is likely riding shotgun and covering a much broader area. If the actual tornado hits (many of them aren’t very wide) you are screwed either way.

Driftwood and Batman like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd lay folding money there isn't room in the garage for that car. Could be his spouse's car on one side and his riding mower and assorted junk on the other. Or that's a third vehicle, at the start of the video there's some sort of magnet thing like for a business on the door. Maybe his personal vehicle was safely stowed away.

Driftwood and dixiehack like this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Thanks. As absolutely miserable as it's been in the PNW this spring, I'll take endless gray, rain and 30-40 degree temperatures over a tornado.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me too!

We got lucky yesterday and the atmospheric cap stayed locked down over us thanks to a thick cloud cover and falling temperatures. That kept the big storms from firing off. Folks in SE Missouri got hit with it though.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Nope. I'll take closely monitoring hurricane season over that. I'm never more miserable than February in the South which is pretty much like most of the year out that way!

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well it's not like this most of the year out here. But this has been a truly dismal spring.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just heard on NBC we’re on pace for the number of tornadoes in a year.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

I spent Thanksgiving to Christmas in Bellingham, Wash. once and didn't like the weather. That's the sum of my experience with the PNW.
    For the record, I didn't care much for the weekend in late August that I spent in North Dakota, either.

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I had lightning in broad daylight today, in the middle of an ice rain storm. That’s a rare bird.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Too hot, too cold, or both?

12. Driftwood

Washington: too dreary
    North Dakota: too cold for August (if I'd been prepared for after sunset it wouldn't have been bad. just didn't know I needed a jacket in August).

Draft saved Draft deleted