1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

T-box just went up in my neck of the woods. No towers going up or greenage (yet), but there's one hell of a supercell over Lawton right now. Time to break this out:

3. Twirling Time

That Oklahoma storm I mentioned is turning into a multi-county badass with tornado warnings and is curving south toward the Red River and me.

Cyclonic storms in the Northern Hemisphere are thrown by Warren Spahn. They always curve right, no matter their trajectory. Nothing you can do about it. Coriolis effect.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Keep your head down brother.

Liut likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

That shit's coming. Even the warning box has a hook on it. Completely unheard-of for mid-June in these parts.

6. Twirling Time

Survived it. Some stuff got blown around but no real damage. No hail but I reckon some 70 mph wind.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that, TT.

Seems like Texas and the southeast have already had more than their share of storms this year.

8. Twirling Time

Round 2 came through a little while ago and I got quarters.

No Pac Man, sadly, but at least I pulled the car in the garage before it hit.

This will be the last moisture we see before September.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, this night is going to suck.

10. Twirling Time

There has been a HUGE disconnect between the NWS and whatever service provides my forecast on my phone (probably Accuweather).

Channel 8 et al has been saying 102+ºF and dry as a bone all next week with 110+ºF heat indices, while my phone says there will be decent chances of rain all week with the highest temp being 99ºF on Tuesday.

Cue Fozzy for all you NWS tankers.

11. Twirling Time

Boomers to the north, boomers to the south. Boomers to the east, boomers to the west. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

All I want is just a crumble of rain, m'lord.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've got three separate tornado warnings in our county, all within 20 miles of us, and we're somehow not directly threatened by any of them.
    The one south of us has a confirmed tornado on the ground.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted