1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Since Sandy (Hi Sandy!) you can buy a small generator at Shop-Rite here in North Jersey. Also electric train sets at Christmas.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Been trying to save a few pennies and give my a/c some margin for error by running the thermostat at 76 this week. I hate everyone and everything.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sitting on my patio, drinking a beer, it's still 76, no bugs, and a nice evening breeze. Can't beat a PNW summer, which we truly deserve after a horrific spring.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not dual fuel ones. They run on gasoline or LP. You could convert them to natgas I suppose, but Hank Hill is probably a better authority on that.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Back when I was living in Houston, there was the Flagship Hotel down on Galveston Beach. It was built out over the Gulf on concrete pilings, and it had a fish pier that ran out into the gulf from the hotel proper. Used to be when a low level hurricane would come in you'd get some thrill seeking yahoos who would go down there and rent like a fifth or sixth floor room facing the water and throw a hurricane party. There would be huge waves rolling in and breaking way up the side of the hotel, and they've got the curtains wide open and watching them hit the glass.

Crazy bastards.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Driftwood likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Damnit, Bobby!

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Checked the temperature earlier today, around 3 p.m., and it was 99 degrees with a real feel of 124. Walking outside felt like pawing through a blanket.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It was in the 70s two days ago. It’s over 100 today. And is slated to be worse tomorrow. The Fourth should be back to upper 70s/low 80s.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Still cool and wet here. Only one 90-degree day so far. And a couple of funnels up around 9,000 feet.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Almost 7 p.m. now and it's 96/109 here in Mississippi. Hearing some thunder, though, so one of two things will happen. It'll either cool things down for a bit, or it'll be one of those god-awful storms where the humidity ramps right back up and it only makes things worse.

Good news is we're supposed to be down in the low 90s by the end of next week. A high of 91 this time of year is like a touch of winter.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Holy schnikes. In the 90 minutes since my last post, we got a few thunderstorms that blew through. No rain here, just some thunder, but it cleared out the humidity. The temperature/heat index has been knocked down from 96/113 to 86/89. Stepped outside and it almost feels like I need a jacket. After a couple of days of excessive heat warnings that had us in the purple on the map, this is absolutely amazing.

I Should Coco and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My car registered 103 this afternoon but I think weather sites say we were 94 today. But right I love my little valley. Breeze rolled through. Temps are in the 70s. Wife is at a work function. Toddler is in bed. Dinner is being delivered. I’m sitting in my back yard enjoying a cold one courtesy of Indian Wells Brewing.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted