1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5:30 a.m. - 80 degrees, 90% humidity.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Raining in Vermont, again.

upload_2023-7-16_8-45-32.jpeg

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nice cool summer day. What's the big deal? :cool:

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Only got to 125 in Death Valley yesterday. Today could be the day of the record. It was 98 there -- at 6 a.m. PDT.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Holy cow. I’ve just taken my third shower of the day, and the only reason I’m going back outside is if the house catches fire.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

big health problem - human beings can only lose so much perspiration.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At these temperatures, spontaneous combustion is not out of the realm of possibility.

bumpy mcgee and Driftwood like this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Heat dome moves in here tomorrow. Ugh.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think it has a lot to do with the two mountain ranges to the east and west. When the heat dome moves in, it traps everything in. Also low pressure systems push air in from the coast through the delta and it stays cool. When high pressure moved through, it pushes air in the opposite direction which makes everything worse.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The only thing different about this July in North Texas is it's been wetter than normal. Lots of rain around us but just enough in my area to keep the grass growing. That has driven up the humidity.

Been even wetter north of the Red. Places in Oklahoma have gotten more than 10" of rain in the last two weeks. That often leads to floods downstream in Arkansas and Lake Texoma, where the lake going over the spillway is a religious event.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama has been wet. Steady diet of either heavy thunderstorms or regular afternoon thunderstorms, but we've generally hung in the mid-80's, low 90's. This coming week they say no rain for a week or so, and temps in the upper 90's. Summer's getting here.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A marine heatwave.

Draft saved Draft deleted