1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Ain't got a 'nader, see you later.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jesus. That’s fucking awful.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

All the more incredible that only two people died here in the Marshall fire in December 2021.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I’ve been reading about bodies being found in burned out vehicles that couldn’t get out of town before the flames overtook them. That’s how fast this horrible wildfire was moving.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They found couples hugging each other in burned-out houses and cars. The final toll will go into high triple digits. Who expects a wildfire where some of the rainiest spots of the planet exists?

8. Della9250

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The longer I live, even with a healthy respect, the more I realize I’ve underestimated the destructive power of both the ocean and fire. Incomprehensible.

Vombatus, HanSenSE, maumann and 2 others like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've had nine of the first 12 days of August top 100 degrees, with a peak today of 104. The low was 82, which also tied a record set in 1905 for the warmest low.
    Naturally, it seemed like a good day to cut grass.
    I finally got tired of looking at the scraggly-ass lawn and it doesn't look like the holy grail day of 88 and no humidity is coming any time soon, so I bit the bullet. Took 3 1/2 hours (including about 30 minutes of water breaks). It was rough, but if my grass is going to die it might as well look well-manicured while it does it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I know it doesn’t help you with the humidity, but here in the land of the intense summer sun (Central Washington) I try to wait until an hour before sunset to mow.

Batman likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So … 8 p.m.?

swingline and I Should Coco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted