1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thank god you're on the case Will

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There isn't a national media outlet this side of the Food Network that doesn't have boots on the ground in Maui. What is this guy talking about?

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Cammy Clark, who worked in Miami and covered hockey for the OC Register, now lives in Kihei and works the MauiNOW. Kihei didn't burn and she marked herself OK on Facebook.
    One of her better stories a couple of years ago was about Lahaina during the Covid shutdown, had photos of a deserted Front Street, and a lone vendor trying to earn a buck.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Storms ripped though here this morning. In the next town up, the oldest in the state, there was a massive oak believed to be about 800 years old toppled.
    That's incredibly sad and incredibly fascinating.
    That tree was growing 30 mins from my house 500+ years before the Declaration of Independence. I always like to ponder what giant trees have seen in their lifetime.

Liut likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Don’t give Wright Thompson any ideas.

Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Himself.

Liut likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

If you’re into history, take a look at the Charter Oak. It was from the 1300s and was felled by a storm in the 1850s.

There’s a whole story about King Charles II trying to get a charter back and it was hidden in the tree.

Our Libraries - CT Judicial Branch Law Library Services

8. Della9250

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We are suffering through the first false fall of the year. Highs in the mid-80s, but triple digits return this weekend and into next week. I blame the start of high school football for that.

Liut, Batman and dixiehack like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

We're going from a low of 65º this morning to a high of 110º Friday. There is a small chance of rain next Wednesday and Thursday, but then right back up in triple digits.

Liut likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At a press conference Monday, a Los Angeles radio reporter asked a question about media access and how it's breeding distrust with the state government's response. Hawaii's governor then ripped into him.
    Fair or foul?

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Della9250

It's obviously because there is the horrific sight of burned bodies everywhere that they are trying to recover. They aren't restricting full access, they just don't want hundreds of reporters descending on the area. If this was October, I'd raise holy hell. It's not even a week and the talk is 1,000 are is missing/unaccounted for.

Draft saved Draft deleted