1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

6:45 am
    80 degrees
    94% humidity

JFC
    I’m a fan of oxygen. I already have sinus issues, so when I step outside and can’t breathe I start puking. Not fun.

2. Driftwood

My cousin just texted me from the mountains. It’s 68. Bastard.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's 75 here with 94 percent humidity. Dewpoint 72. And I live on the New England coast!!

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I went out for a run at 5:45 when the temperature and the dewpoint were both in the high 70s. There was so much sweat, my shirt felt like it just came out of the wash.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My regular foursome has gone to only walking nine instead of 18, and even that has taken a real toll these past few mornings.I am without any energy for some hours, even after showering and housing Gatorade.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

By mid-week we will have no 90-degree plus days for the remainder of the 10-day forecast. That’s what a streak of thunderstorms every day can do for you.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I prefer LMNT, Osmo, DripDrop, Gnarly, Tailwind or Nuun to replace the electrolytes (and get some carbs after a run or ride). LMNT is salt, potassium and magnesium, nothing else, and works well.

Or, squeeze half a fresh lemon into a big glass of water and add a healthy pinch of salt. Less expensive and helps.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some tornadoes in Chicago tonight. O'Hare was under a shelter in place order for a bit, and tornadoes were reported on the ground there and at Midway — while a number of planes were out on the taxiways.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8 inches of rain fell in parts of the Ozarks last night. Flash flooding all along the White River. No fatalities reported yet.

10. Driftwood

Dang. Only one place that water goes. Buckle up, Baton Rouge.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

But no one has heard from Camino del Rio since he went out to check up on Darlene and Jacob's place. Should we be concerned?

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sounds like some gnarly whitewater in July! Don't get that often.

Draft saved Draft deleted