1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sammy Kershaw was hot as a pistol for a stretch. "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" off that same album was a No. 1.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not to beat my own dead horse, but this weather has been miserable, and it's not going to get better for another couple of months. When you open the front door before dawn, and you feel like you have been smacked in face with a 2x4 and kicked in the stomach by a mule, it's awful, y'all. Holy cow.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Trivia: Earl, the Charlie Daniels of the torque wrench, was also the Earl whose body got stuffed in the trunk in “Goodbye Earl.” Both songs were written by Dennis Linde.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Y’all, it’s hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk in the shade first thing in the morning.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Add some bacon.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I think I've been dropped back in Southeast Asia during monsoon season.

I cannot remember a week's span that has featured more cloudbursts and rain storms. Just buckets.

On one hand, the lawn will have to be mowed again if the ground ever dries out. OTOH, a big spot in my front yard is now growing back, proving that it was drought that was hurting it more than anything else.

maumann and Batman like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Same here — with a few nasty regional wildfires in Central Washington mixed in.

AQI readings in the 100 to 150 range for the past 36 hours or so. It’s been worse, but still no fun — especially for firefighters.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My brother lives outside of Boise and went to Portland for a baseball tournament for his son. Said coming back was brutal and I-84 got shut down on Sunday and friends got stuck. $300 for a Super 8.

Draft saved Draft deleted