1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcast recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Yahoo Sports podcast, College Football Enquirer with Pat Forde, Dan Wetzel, and Ross Dellinger is reliably good.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The Takeout with Major Garrett.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In the Red Clay is pretty good and jaw dropping.

It's a true crime show where a guy interviews the son of the Dixie Mafia's top hitman from back in the 70s.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've never been much of a podcast guy but as a music junkie I checked out the first episode of this one and it sounds really intriguing. thanks for the recco here.

John likes this.
  5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

One of those podcasts where they can drop a two-hour-plus episode and I'll click on it without hesitation.

Also a gateway drug to Kill James Bond - a second podcast that also features host Alice Caldwell-Kelly. A funny look at spy films and spy-film related films.

Hermes likes this.
  6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’m listening to Runaway Joe which is a sub podcast of RTE Documentary.

It’s not schlocky for true crime. It’s about a man charged with murdering his wife in Cleveland who escaped to Ireland and lived under an assumed identity and then disappeared again. I haven’t googled his case to avoid spoilers, but he was never caught as they are soliciting tips. It drops once a week and we are about 6 episodes deep.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Tighthead likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Craig Finn has Jason Isbell on his latest podcast episode. That's gonna be a must listen for this guy.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

If you are into hip hop , Class of 1988 is interesting.

It's by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff. They talk about rap around that time and talk with people it's a well produced show, not just some longform interview.

Will Smith comes across as human and more engaging than he has been portrayed.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum. He played Lex Luthor on Smallville. Much of his content is interviews with actors, really good ones.

Wil Wheaton talks about his career, but also about his incredibly dysfunctional relationship with his parents. It's a good nerd interview, but Wheaton absolutely spills his guts about what his childhood was like and how he learned to face it. Much better interview than I'm making it sound.

Anyhow, he's got a couple of hundred episodes. He's a perceptive and aware in the moment interviewer.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thanks. It’s on the list

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The Problem With Erik by Texas monthly.

It’s like a season of Fargo - a failson car dealer who hires and idiot to deal with a blackmail claim. Said idiot subcontracts out to a group of losers, and bad decisions get stacked up.

With commentary from some Austin old boys who hang out in a place they call The Shithouse.

Draft saved Draft deleted