1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thank you. My wife works for one of the largest hospital groups in the nation. She was in daily contact with doctors, nurses and administrators. In the early days of the pandemic, almost right up to the time vaccines were available, there was so much the medical community didn't understand about the virus, how it spread, its effects on people of different ages and health status (obese, diabetic, heart problems, etc.). Normally, a new virus would have been under study for years, much less have a vaccine in less than a year. Issues such as whether to lock down, wear masks, social distancing and all that changed as doctors and scientists found out more about the virus. There was nothing devious about any directive the WHO or CDC issued, or why their directives changed or were modified. If it appeared things were draconian, it's because NO ONE knew just how bad it might get. And as India is proving, it ain't over until it's over.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trumpism at its core — if you don’t know everything, ever get something wrong or ever say something which is untrue, then you are no more qualified than anyone else. Therefore, Mar-a-Lago member who owns a series of car dealerships has the same authority to speak about Covid treatment as the scientist. Because Obama said something untrue about the ACA, you can tell 10,000 lies.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ve met him once or twice. We have a number of professional friends in common. Until he took the job in the Trump crime Family, he was a smart, dedicated professional, no one who becomes a US Attorney is apolitical, but he operated his office apolitically. He was one of the few US Attorneys who was appointed by Bush Jr and kept by Obama. And he was a USA for all of Obama’s 8 years. He prosecuted corrupt politicians and cops, violent criminals, gangs and embezzlers. I believe from My experience with him, his office and our mutual friends that he went into the job with the best of intentions to be a professional. It’s more likely that he didn’t have the authority one would think a Deputy AG had, and that the White House and Barr and appointed trumpeters in positions that didn’t require senate approval actually controlled DOJ. And Rosenstein was hired to be the fall guy

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How smart can he be if he didn’t see that coming?

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Trump has never said anything more truthful than “I am writing like crazy.”

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In two weeks he'll announce the greatest book ever.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Crayons are being ground down at a record rate. Holy Crayola!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mngwa likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“Much more important project” = another coup attempt.

Draft saved Draft deleted