1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

BOWL MULLET

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... which is just as stupid as those citizens who typically get quoted when they find out that someone who attends church every Sunday was guilty of some heinous crime.

"Why, he's such a God-fearing man who was at church every Sunday," naive, sheltered citizen said. "I just can't believe he was guilty." Etc. ... ... ...

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I briefly went to a church where the youth group leader killed a deacon as part of a love triangle. That was a tense service the Sunday after the arrests.

Michelle Reynolds | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. Sam Mills 51

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Didn’t directly touch on either of the two big subjects you would expect. As best I recall it was mostly about finding strength and comfort in God during difficult, seemingly unbelievable circumstances.

At the end the pastor mentioned that there was media waiting in the parking lot across the street (including someone from the paper in town where I worked) and that it was our decision whether to talk to them or not. But he didn’t demonize them, which came as a relief and something of a surprise to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It didn't happen quickly. It began when Reagan made it fashionable to rip on the fedruhl government 40 years ago. Every few years brought another manifestation of anger-driven, resentment-greased politics until one klan embraced a particular charlatan because it had abandoned ideas for raw hatred. When it abandoned ideas, it lost credible candidates and leaders who could stand up to the charlatan. Even when he led a rebellion that killed people, they refused to stop him.
    And now they have written their blueprint for total execution of democracy.
    That blueprint began with voter-suppression tactics in SEC states, a tradition as old as tailgating.
    If that failed, proceed to phase 2: Challenging of election results.
    If that failed, proceed to phase 3: Change state laws to replace challenges with simple overturning of results by partisan vote of elected officials.
    The final solution is, of course, violent overthrow of the government. Don't think it can't happen. By killing off a commission to investigate Jan. 6, they have given themselves to repeat history. Only this time, they'll have more planning.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Naftali Bennet sounds like the new second baseman for the Texas Rangers.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fair assessment

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And y'all think Trump is on drugs?

garrow likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

And just who was afraid of Russia, Lindsey?

(Narrating voiceover: "Not Joe Biden.")

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted