1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Odds are he wouldn't be any worse than who they're trotting out there these days.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So they say
    Lie for me, lie for me, lie for me, oh, oh, oh
    I've never seen anybody do the things you do before
    They say spin for me, spin for me, spin for me, ay, ay, ay
    And when you're done they'll make you do it all again

I said oh my God I see you walking by
    Take talking points and look reporters in the eye
    Just like a junkie you've been addicted your whole life
    But they just beg to see you lie just one more time

Ooh I see you, see you, see you every time
    And oh my I, I hate your style
    You, you make me, make me, make me wanna cry
    And now they beg to see you lie just one more time

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is a pretty good summary of events past, present and future.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The latest polling has Hawley at zero percent in the primary race. The GOP constituency isn't even buying his bullcrap. Even they know an empty suit when they see one.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department arrested a man after allegedly chasing and blocking a woman’s car after she had allegedly cut him off earlier on a roadway.
    According to an arrest report, Thomas Brandon had chased a woman who had a young child in the vehicle, after she had allegedly cut him off. Brandon eventually blocked her vehicle into a dead end at River Pointe Cove.
    When officers arrived to the scene they found Brandon’s truck pushed up against the other vehicle in the dead end. The woman told police the man told her she cut him off, and chased her to the dead end because he was “tired of millennials.”
    [​IMG]

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Senator, what are your latest primary polling numbers?

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Do you mind citing a specific poll (or polls)? Not that I put much faith in any of them.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I can testify that there has been an explosion of people turning into busy roads with absolutely no consideration for oncoming traffic. At all.

Hermes likes this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Not quite like the bar scene in Star Wars, but Charles and Camilla still made me laugh.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not that it was a secret, but they don't even try to hide the bull crap anymore. If Democrats don't get their heads out of their asses, they might as well quit.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) signaled Monday that Republicans, if they win back control of the upper chamber, wouldn't advance a Supreme Court nominee if a vacancy occurred in 2024, the year of the next presidential election.
    "I think it's highly unlikely — in fact, no, I don't think either party, if it were different from the president, would confirm a Supreme Court nominee in the middle of an election," McConnell told radio host Hugh Hewitt.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

CC: Stephen Breyer

Webster, garrow and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted