1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "I see that Benjamin Netanyahu is handling his election defeat in the most Trumpian way possible. He gives new meaning to "krav maga."

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Don’t always know the songs you are parodying, but dang I love this song from Men At Work.

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This, again, is where Biden should be playing hardball and say that any non-vote on any of his candidates will be seen as advice by the Senate that the candidate is so extremely qualified that they didn’t even bother to hold a vote to show they consent.

X-Hack and Driftwood like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Repeating that again and again doesn’t make it any more enforceable.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Constitution indicates a two-thirds vote is needed by the Senate for advise and consent for treaties. There isn’t anything requiring a vote for Supreme Court justices. Dems can bring this up and point out that since conservatives want to literally read the Constitution, they’ll do the same.

As for tradition, the GOP has stomped all over that. Time for the Dems to do the same.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I know which one I’d love to see her replace….

OscarMadison, matt_garth and garrow like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The outrage from people is predictable -- this stuff never happened when Trump was president!!

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Kav I have another beer?

There was a piece out there recently (The Atlantic?) that mentioned Kavanaugh’s voting record has been relatively down the middle. I’m assuming someone posted the link here. He knows how good of a gig he has and he doesn’t want to screw it up. He takes part in batshit decisions and prompts Biden to court-pack, and he’s lost all leverage.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted