1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I could sell for a huge profit right now. But that would all get eaten up by the stupidly high lumber prices needed for repairs. Same issue with the motorhome. I could get a decent price for the 2013 but the 2021s are crazy expensive right now. So it's a waiting game.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

First million-dollar house just went up around the corner, which used to be the middle class half of a much larger neighhborhood. It was new construction, but two other teardowns recently sold in the mid- to upper $900k range -- whoops, Zillow has one at $1.1m. There are more Teslas, Mercedeses, Audis and Acuras where there were mostly Hondas, Chevies and Fords. My retired neighbor put his place up for sale and got 40 buyers the first day. I am certain he got $50k to $75k above asking.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  3. maumann

Today's helpful hint: If you own a home right now, double-check your homeowner's insurance to make sure it covers the total cost of rebuilding in the current market. I had to bump my numbers up some $50,000 this year to keep pace.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not only that, but if you sell, you will be paying the higher price for your new buy, so you will have to either downsize or move to a cheaper market. That’s how come half of California is moving to Texas.

maumann likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Splinter message boards started popping up?

Pilot, dixiehack and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When does this guy run for office?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Wait what?

There's no way such a thing would survive a legal challenge.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  9. maumann

I love Gaetz's head shaking, like he's somehow disappointed that a military general knows more about the Constitution than a two-bit politican from Podunk.

garrow and Matt1735 like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Would-be dictator. Like Erdogan's mass arrests of university teachers. Bears careful watching and sooner than later, elimination of would-be dictator.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Justin-

All those lawyers began running for Congress.

It's always worth noting that Cruz, Hawley, Brooks and others have been trained in the law. Their resumes meant squat when they committed the acts they did.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted