1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Well, come to find out my neighbor's house, Zestimated at less than $900k, sold for...$1.2 million, and it's a bit smaller (but younger) than my house. He got 14 offers and the buyer made a ridiculous bid. The Manhattan-based buyer didn't see the house until the inspection which itself produced a 72-page report, down to removing the moss from the roof of the backyard shed. I laughed but my neighbor, a retired locomotive engineer, said he felt obligated by the buyer's purchase premium.

In 1998 when the world was young, I bought my yet-to-be-listed place for less than $300k. And that was during a hot market when our realtor -- a schoolboy chum's mom -- showed it to us at night and insisted we decide then and there, pointing to another buyer coming up the front walk.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

This is what's coming for the country if we ever let the GQP get their hands on the levers of power again.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Octave likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The last time Florida tried a broad-based assault on academic freedom, it wound up producing an attack pamphlet that was resold by a gay men’s book club.

Homosexuality and Citizenship in Florida - Wikipedia

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We moved from a 2-bd/2-bath condo to a 4 bd 2,000 sq ft home last year, right at the dawn of the pandemic. We sold the condo in a bit of a rush, for $320k, because there was no way we could do both for long and who knows how long the market would be a mess, right? This was all March 2020, after all.

One exactly like it with some very modest remodeling just sold for $465.

Kind of goes to show you how much having money can make money. If we'd have been comfortable sitting on that condo for a year, we may have profited $100,000 or more, and we'd have been able to rent it out for $2,500/mo that whole time. Who the fuck knew that in March of 2020, though.

At the same time, our home is supposedly worth 50% more than we paid, so no complaining here. It's all just mindboggling though.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'm reasonably certain this is unconstitutional. Whether or not the court will agree with that remains to be seen.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it's insane up there. My sister has two properties up there (one via inheritance, another that they bought two years ago). She gets calls all the time about selling the bigger one, but she has long-term renters in there ($3,000 a month for 2,300 SF, 3 bed/3.5 bath). That one they are free and clear on the mortgage (the estate paid it off) and it's nearly double in value in the past 3.5 years when we had it appraised to determine the value of the estates. She VRBOs out their other place that is walking distance from the resort when they don't use it and it's constantly getting rented, she says.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’d love to know what the questionnaire asks.
    How long will it be?
    What are the consequences for refusing/forgetting to fill it out?
    What if the Business school doesn’t have enough libruhls?
    So many questions.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You didn't tell them, "Didn't you know from my car in the driveway I'm a cheapskate who whose idea of an expensive home repair is a roll of duct tape not bought on sale?"

Draft saved Draft deleted