1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Too bad the F-word is out of acceptable usage for this boy.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

And we should waste our energy on what a pedophile says because ....

FileNotFound and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've never been in the military.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you know how shitty your argument is, so you attack the qualifications of the poster opposing you rather than defending your ridiculous point.

6. Driftwood

My point isn't ridiculous at all. Military leaders are ultimately responsible for everything that happens on their watch. Many people have been relieved of command or resigned for far less.

wicked likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Some of the stuff folks get relieved for, especially in the Navy, is borderline. See the captain who got relieved last year because he complained about COVID preparations aboard his carrier or destroyer, I forget which — he went outside the chain of command and he was done.

It’s a much different world. I didn’t understand much about it until I worked at a military pub, and I still don’t tbh.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The dude whose daddy got him out of DUIs and whose buddy procured underage women for him has thoughts about the military?

HanSenSE, garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Driftwood

I've seen it where a harbor pilot grounds a Navy ship and the CO gets relieved even though he nor any of the ships company has control of the vessel at the time.
    I've also seen where a CO got relived of command because Panamanian guys on land operating the trains that pull you through the canal locks lost control and slammed the ship into the side of the lock.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nobody is trying to absolve him of that responsibility but to claim that one moment defines him as a dishonorable man is absolutely ridiculous.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

...but you fuck one goat...

Fred siegle, HanSenSE, garrow and 9 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted