1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The team showed up in Washington on January 6th for the big game and Ted Cruz was one of the coaches who gave the pregame pep talk. One of the players then set out to permanently injure one of the opponents. We’re all in, or were in, sports. This isn’t hard.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think removing information from libraries that are used as learning tools is a way different situation than renaming buildings and things. Nobody learns anything from the names that are on buildings. They're monuments or memorials. And I don't think oppressors should be so honored. But we absolutely cannot stop teaching about these things.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't forget BLM -- angry uppity neegros!!

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

the idea of erasing Columbus is always funny - the fuckin guy didn't even know where he was going.

Very 2020/21.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And he never got to the place he supposedly discovered.

Octave and Driftwood like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I asked what a poster found appealing about AOC's "you almost had me murdered" tweet. It wasn't Durbin's tweet. I was then told by that poster to "Think" and then, after that, I was a character who shouldn't be in a movie.

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

And his employers recognized him as awful and nobody started celebrating him until hundreds of years later

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

At this point I'm going with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome to explain her crazy

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Looks like Trump's threat of a third party did the trick. Gutless bastards.
    If long-term history holds, they'll take back both houses of Congress in 2022 because midterms.
    But if another segment of history holds, they'll lose ground. Trump, after all, managed to cost his klan the White House, the Senate and the House.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Boy, I don't know. I found this sj.com production kind of plodding . . . until Alma showed up with the hammer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  12. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

So she's a little skeptical on climate change, big deal

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted