1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alma, life on this thread can be hard, wear a helmet.

You don't like Ocasio-Cortez. You've been pretty clear on that.

I'm an FDR liberal like my parents, I don't care for her much either.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I love the disconnect.

The same crew who says "we need to be friends with Israel, America's best ally!" doesn't know that "Rothschild Inc." means "The Jews!!!!!"

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At least she hasn’t threatened to kill Members of Congress, belittled teen victims of a mass 2nd Amendment demonstration and school shooting. She’s not only intellectually honest, she’s a relative intellectual. And if the Alma character isn’t a Rightwing proudboy-lite troll, then Alma is seriously warped

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

she might even be worse at reading a room than Rafael Cruz. This isn't Make-A-Wish. We need good representation in Congress, everywhere.

wicked likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Are you down with DT*?
    Yeah, you know the GOP

*Donald Trump....or domestic terrorism

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Get down with D-J-T (The G-O-P)

Fred siegle and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, they truly are naughty by nature.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I'd much rather be represented by AOC than by most of the other people in Congress. She actually cares about and can articulate policy. Can the left at times insist upon things that nobody else is ready for without the patience to realize that some of these big changes won't happen unless they do so incrementally? Absolutely. One of the major parties doesn't like democracy anymore. The leaders of the other think it can get the people who don't like democracy anymore to work with them despite their constant and public vows not to do so.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The return of Trump from brief exile proves one terrifying thing: If only a few House races had gone the other way, the Trump klan would have been able to overturn the results of the election.
    They can't win the popular vote, but they've got the Electoral College, which happens to be the only thing called a college that most of them like.
    Lose the EC? Fine. Resort to bogus claims of fraud without offering proof. It was easy for most of them to vote for certification of results when they knew their klan didn't have the majority in the House. What if they had that majority? They would have done the unthinkable.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Another
    Overreacting
    Can'tsaythatwordwhatwereyouthinking

I Should Coco and SFIND like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Arm yourselves.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the best things about AOC is that she takes a lot of the incoming fire that used to be directed at Pelosi. The Dems need to have someone who can fire back without compromising Pelosi. The GOP has a deep bench of "goons" for lack of a better word, Gohmert, Jordan, Gaetz - (thankfully Trump culled a bunch for his cabinet and now they're history - Meadows, Mulvaney, Ratcliffe)

maumann and Smallpotatoes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted