1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I also think he wielded his power within By-God's bureaucracy to get statistics showing who is getting the $300 and how it's being spent on drugs and shit.

That said, the 'exclusive" soundbite sounds exactly like something Dem leadership would put out there to poison the waters of Mansion's home state.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As near as I can tell, the source was Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown recalling one of the many conversations he's had with Manchin lobbying him about the Child Tax Credit. This is a huge violation of Senate etiquette, which shows just how pissed the other Senate Dems are.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I used to visit a buddy from the paper at his place in a run down little town on the Green River. He was a pressman at the paper, and, as far as I could tell, the only person in that little town who had a job. Folks I met there and drank with had dirt front yards with all manner of broken down kids toys and car parts strewn about and at least one car up on blocks. Inside, bare light bulbs hung from the ceiling, and a potbellied pig had the run of the place.

He sold loosies to the young kids who weren’t old enough to buy cigs or couldn’t sneak them from their parents. Huge markup. Everybody smoked. Nobody I met had a real job; my buddy’s uncle traded shit — if you’ve lived in the South or just the country, you know the type — but you’d go a damn fer piece before you won a trade with him.

My buddy threw a brick through the drivers side window of his truck because his girlfriend was driving it to and into the river. Cut the shit out of his arm on the glass when he reached in to shut it off.

There was always something going on.

I’m sure they’d all vote GOP if they could pass the literacy test at the polls.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, my above post doesn’t have anything to do with Manchild, but @OscarMadison got to talking about Kentucky / Tennessee and I got all tingly.

Driftwood, dixiehack and OscarMadison like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BTExpress, OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Hell ya, every kid had a friend like this.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

How much do I love that it's June Cleaver and Nanny from "Muppet Babies" speaking Jive?

maumann likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He is an innocent man.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also in the news today: Water is wet and the sun will rise in the East tomorrow.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Best offshoot of that line ever: "The sun will rise, the sun will set, and I'll have lunch." — Red Sox GM Lou Gorman in 1987

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted