1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At this point LBJ would pull in a wayward Senator and show him the file he was going to drop off at the NYT or WP. If they can't get the bill passed, they may as well make an example of Manchin and drop whatever oppo stuff they have on him. Or maybe have an "independent" 529 flood the WV airwaves with Call Senator Manchin and tell him how your family would be helped by the BBB Act.

TowelWaver and Mngwa like this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Manchin won't flip parties because that kills his meal ticket. If he becomes Republican he's just one of another 51.

If I'm Schumer, I threaten to strip Manchin of all his committee assignments. Even if he does flip and McConnell becomes majority leader, not much changes. Nothing's getting through the Senate anyway and Biden holds the veto pen.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I'd respect Manchin's stand against the bill more if I truly understood his opposition to it - he's supported huge tax cuts the GOP pushed, so it's not about the debt. He's supported countless military bills that include items the military has said it does not want let alone asked for (see tank surplus, Sierra Depot) so it isn't about any potential waste. The only thing that makes sense is he wants to tank Biden's Presidency.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Manch(ur)i(a)n

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

This is very interesting, and so is the timing of the announcement. This Twitter account has been beating a drum about "Transnational Organized Crime" for a couple of years now, and lo and behold, lookit here.

To be specific he's been pointing at Putin, Semyon Mogilevich, Konstantin Kilimnick, and the Russian mob's connections through Paul Manafort to the Trump campaign/Trump Org.

Please let the grand jury be working on extensive RICO charges.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, you betcha, yadda yadda, blah blah. Nobody with any firing brain cells gives a fuck if the committee appears "bipartisan," because everybody with those firing brain cells knows that one of the two parties is nothing but a fascist criminal enterprise devoted to nothing other than sucking the scrotum of Fatfuck, perfectly willing and eager to torch the whole nation to do it.

Nobody involved with the committee should pay even the most remote lip service to "bipartisanship," because that's going to be one of the first things they scream about, why isn't the committee 50 percent GQP, wah wah, boo hoo. So unfair, sob sob.

Tarheel316 and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Tell me that again if Breyer retires in eight months and McConnell won’t give the replacement nomination a vote leading up to the midterms.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump indictments are like the Trump health care plan: Always coming in a couple of weeks. No I swear, this time it’s for real!

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No Biden pick for SCOTUS has a prayer. Manchin and Sinema will torpedo them. The stupid bitch Sinema will probably wear one of Katy Perry's old fireworks-enhanced bikinis before bump-and-grinding up on the floor to deliver the thumbs-down on Biden's pick.

So the rationale for tiptoeing gently around the two of them "because they might save judicial appointments," you can forget it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted