1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe his heart is two sizes too small.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So nice to see.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

They put as many Black voters in the 7th as they could, then split the concentrations everywhere else. Such a surprise.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

It's funny how subpoenas don't apply to the Party of Law and Order.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If any of us *refused* a subpoena, our butts would be in jail that day. This truly is a nation of two sets of rules, ones for the rich and fuck everyone else.

Edit: I read right past the civil part of that tweet.

8. Neutral Corner

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

That is standard policy for Republican legislatures in the South. You pack the black democrats into as few districts as possible. That is why there are zero white Democratic congressmen from South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. There might be one from white Democratic Congressman from Georgia. I am not sure about the newly elected congressperson from the Atlanta suburbs.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Having been subpoenaed in a civil suit, let me say the paper's lawyers were very clear I had to honor it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sad part is that SCOTUS has ruled that while you can't gerrymander based on race, you are more than welcome to do it based on political affiliation.

12. Neutral Corner

I've lived in Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Alabama. Trust me, I know this. You seldom get a chance to lay it out that baldly though, so I posted it.

Draft saved Draft deleted