1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Merrick Garland is Susan Collins.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Around 12:12AM CST, the drugs began to take hold:

Prosecutors allege Taherzadeh and Ali had falsely claimed to work for the Department of Homeland Security and work on a special task force investigating gang and violence connected to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. They allege the two posed as law enforcement officers to integrate with actual federal agents.

Taherzadeh is accused of providing Secret Service officers and agents with rent-free apartments — including a penthouse worth over $40,000 a year — along with iPhones, surveillance systems, a drone, flat screen television, a generator, gun case and other policing tools, according to court documents.

He also offered to let them use a black GMC SUV that he identified as an “official government vehicle,” prosecutors say. In one instance, Taherzadeh offered to purchase a $2,000 assault rifle for a Secret Service agent who is assigned to protect the first lady.

Prosecutors said four Secret Service employees were placed on leave earlier this week as part of the investigation.

US: 2 posed as agents, gave gifts to Secret Service officers

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Looks to me like it says "MARINES".

Sea Bass and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Snowflakes? It's a freaking blizzard.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mid-April always freaks me out - too many tragic anniversaries around that time.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The circled part says Marines. The name is on the person's right side. I can't make out whether even that says Mandel or not, but the circled part says Marines.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Why don't the other uniforms have the same words on the them? Are there different uniforms? This is kind of dumb, either way. Mandel did serve and it's impossible that he was never around Black guys in the service. But he's an terrible person whether he has Black friends or not.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't have the slightest idea why the others don't have them on there. I was just calling attention to the tweet circling the word Marines and calling it a name.

Mngwa likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted