1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You wonder how far you have to veer to the right to see the Dems in DC as "extreme." They couldn't pass a pretty modest Biden agenda, that wasn't a quarter as revolutionary as Obama's health care plan, Bill Clinton's big "achievement" was unpaid family medical leave and don't ask don't tell and the defense of marriage act. Meanwhile, GOP presidents have started a bogus war in Iraq costing almost $2 trillion and 4,400 American lives and encouraged a riot on the Capitol (among other things). But tell me about how extreme the Dems are.

Elon Musk says the 'Democratic Party has been hijacked by extremists'

matt_garth, Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Musk's view of how the political landscape lays would be hilarious if it weren't so heartbreakingly stupid.

We gotta make these tech bros take a history/civics/polisci/ethics class in college.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sure, but . . .

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/07/02/study-trump-expanded/

The deadenders and laststanders and the tiki-torch-and-khakis rightwing nationalist true believers are apt to make a real Alamo of this.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma’s complete non-answer to my question is duly noted.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And who runs the GOP, Elon? Eisenhower Republicans?

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I didn't write "evangelicals will vote differently." I wrote the wave of evangelicals had crested and the churches were gonna empty out. Fewer people are going to call themselves evangelicals because of the meaning the term now has. Fewer people are going to be evangelicals. Fewer people are going to be Christians, period. They're just going to leave the church and do their own thing, or find a new religion.

I've written over and over and over again how costly the relationship between Christianity and the Republican Party has been and will be. The cost was clear before Trump and it will only increase in the form of people walking away from the faith.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If someone said the GOP had been hijacked by right-wing extremists, it would be true irrespective of what had happened on the left, wouldn't it?

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Say what you want about him, but DeSantis thinks Cawthorn is well-groomed.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I strongly do not like Hannity, but I do have to say, that’s a serious fucking lineup of guests he’s got there to talk about politicians’ declining with age.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When Biden proposed tax increases on the wealthy, Musk and those like him immediately saw him as a radical threat to the system, namely the system where they have all that money. No civics course ever created can do much with pure greed.

garrow, matt_garth and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted