1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ugh. You're not wrong.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If it does not, this country is fucked.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Let's also not forget that Thurgood Marshall died four days after Bill Clinton's inauguration. If Marshall hadn't punched out early, that seat would have been filled by a progressive and not by Clarence Thomas.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding too nihilist, I’ve assume it already has been since November 2016. That was an illuminating moment in how far gone we as a country are. And now the Republicans seem poised to retake Congress again just two short years after 1/6, simply because that’s the way midterms work or something. Americans have the attention spans of gnats.

Every time I think we’ve hit bottom, we find a way to start digging through the bedrock.

5. Neutral Corner

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s the end of the Republican Party as we know it. Might be the end of the Republican Party, period.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This time next year fetuses will be able to order their own semi-automatics.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My gut tells me the right might’ve fucked up and blown a lay-up of an election in November.

We’ll see.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If you're more outraged at a possible student loan debt forgiveness plan than at SCOTUS absolutism, you might be a redhat.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Wondering what political issue the Catholic church on my street will put a sign out for now that they can take down the “Pray to end abortion” sign.

“Pray to lower taxes another 10 percent” perhaps.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

To show how far the American right has traveled, Ireland legalized abortion.

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted