1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I was hoping Mandel would win so Thiel and Trump's asshole would be stopped.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I disagree. The state definitely leans right more than it did pre-Trump, and there are plenty of the stereotypes you talk about. But those stereotypes aren't deciding anything. The elections are still being decided in the suburbs, and if Ryan can get those people to trust he isn't an AOC nut, he could win.

Now, would I bet on him? No. But he has a puncher's chance.

If Ohio was really a lost cause, DeWine wouldn't have beaten his primary challengers by 20%.

Liut likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"AOC nut"

LOLOLOL

TigerVols likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think the Dems could have picked a better opponent in Ohio. Between Trump talking Vance up and righty radio trashing him - you can choose whatever ammo you like. And Biden can campaign in Ohio separately from Ryan to show "distance" - campaign in Dem strongholds near Cleveland for members of Congress to run up the blue vote while Ryan digs in Columbus.

Liut, garrow and SFIND like this.
  5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

For the record, that is THEIR way of thinking, not mine.

Fred siegle and TigerVols like this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

He should have success in Cincinnati, too -- Richard Cordray beat DeWine in Hamilton County in 2018 and was the first Dem. nominee to win there in nearly 40 years.

Liut likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Having read his book, I've always wondered how Vance has a poliitcal career at all. I distinctively rememeber several passages about what lazy assholes the folks of Appalachia were.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

lazy appalachian assholes don't read

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hillbilly Lethargy

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

J.D. Vance the politician is as stupid and lazy as those who J.D. Vance the author called stupid and lazy.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the insight. As depressing as it is.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted