1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I assume Jones could fire up his campaign again relatively quickly. I'd think because of that, he's the only Democrat with a shot in Alabama.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not in a state wide race. Not after the Capitol. The city vote will kill him.

I don't know of a candidate the R's will run who has much substance. I figure both our Lt. Governor and Attorney General will lust for the job, but the Governor's seat might be up for grabs, so maybe not.

Even without knowing who will run the (R) candidate starts out with a 70% floor chance to win.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Swingline-
    New peckerwoods are born every day. Look at that Boy Scout jamboree a few years back.

The 34 percent is always going to be there - so long as it doesn't get to 40.

That was the so-called 'Bannon Rule' used methodologically by the Lincoln Project - shaving three or four percent off all pertinent margins.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Stacy Abrams, come on down!"

But yeah, we don't do Dems in statewide offices here.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Doug Jones ran against a credibly accused child molester and barely got a plurality. He stood for re-election against a quasi-sentient loaf of bread and lost by more than 20 points. Hell no he isn’t winning this seat.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unfortunately true. The good people of Alabama are neither

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I think we're supposed to call Tuberville 'Coach' like he's the bloody Archbishop of Canterbury- be respectful please

Tighthead likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Any appetite to try and move the needle with a Democrat here in 2022 will be in the governor’s race, especially if Kay Ivey doesn’t run again. There’s a tiny bit more opportunity there, although the blood-red legislature will merrily override any veto that comes its way.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which coup authors and abettors, Mitch?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The coup is over, time for unity, right Mitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted