1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I appreciate Steve Schmidt bringing this out, but let's not forget that he's finally talking about it 14 years later, after he's made millions playing the anti-Trumper. I suppose I should be grateful that it didn't wait until he could write a book.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Liut likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is there an echo in here?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Probably!

Sorry if I missed it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

and now, ffs, this:

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In fact. ... Article 1 of the Constitution... which spells out the make-up of the legislative brance and the legislative process. If the House and Senate vote for it, and the president signs it into the law, well, that is exactly how the Constitutin spells it out.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Sure. And that was only half serious, throwing up a mirror at the conservatives. I really don't object to them having coverage, not these days. Random people get shot over nothing, and they are high profile targets.

OTOH, they poked a dog with a stick. Sometimes they come to their feet snarling. It's not good to be too insulated from that kind of communication.

10. Neutral Corner

Trump’s Korea policy was even more reckless than we thought

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...esper-trump-reckless-north-korea-south-korea/

"Trump regularly disparaged South Korea, a key U.S. ally in Asia, and repeatedly threatened to order the U.S. military to pull out all 28,500 U.S. troops stationed there, former defense secretary Mark T. Esper writes in a new book. Esper and other top officials worked to dissuade and delay Trump from ordering this withdrawal. And although Trump never gave the order, he never gave up the idea.

Trump said that the South Koreans were “horrible to deal with” and were “ripping us off,” Esper writes. The troop withdrawal issue was wrapped up in Trump’s demand that South Korea increase its financial contribution for the hosting of U.S. troops by 400 percent. “They sell us Samsung TVs and we protect them. It makes no sense,” Esper quoted Trump as saying."

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Putting aside Biden's bullshit just now about inflation. ... if they are trying to head off the CPI number tomorrow in advance, you have to wonder what we are in for tomorrow at 8:30 am. But maybe I am being a bit too cynical. :rolleyes:

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted