1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One of my European friends says the funniest oxymoron in the English language is “liberal American.”

Azrael likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

John Birch would roll over in his grave with all the ball washing of Putin done by righties.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Squad, portrayed as rabid Trotskyites in the corporate right wing mainstream media, would be center right by most European standards of politics.

FileNotFound and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP bought and paid for by Russia petrodollars years ago. And quite a few Dems, I imagine.

Now Chinese and Arab money in the mix.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

David Gergen Calls for Biden, Trump, Older Leaders to Step Aside: Let ‘New Leaders Emerge’

The current "leadership" in DC has proven they are incapable of solving - reluctant even to seriously address - the problems facing our country, and even if they could, they won't be around to see it through. Yes. Time for them to go. But I also know power in DC isn't something someone "give up." You have to take it from them.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

80-year-old David Gergen, who worked for five presidents. That's part of the problem right there. It's not 1982 anymore.

Liut likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It is more likely to find young GOP electeds because their voters love amateurs and thus those candidates didn’t spend decades building public service credentials.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The only way one becomes a really old elected pol is to win elections for years and years and years. If voters really cared about the age issue (I think Biden-Trump pretty much proved they don't) they have a real easy remedy at hand.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This seems so obvious, so simple ... so of course we can't leave it at that!

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Voters can vote for who they want in their district, but why does that obligate the Democrats to make sure all of their leadership comes from Geritol Row?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A meaningless comment if there were any.

Draft saved Draft deleted