1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on, man! What's the point of humor if you've gotta explain it?

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can see Warnock overperforming Abrams if Herschel makes a few gaffes.

I've always thought political commercials shouldn't target politicians that say dumb things, they should feature some "voter" being asked if they heard the stupid thing the candidate said - "Don't care, I've voting for 'em" again and again. It's easy to vote for an idiot candidate to "own the libs" - tougher admitting that you too are an idiot.

lakefront likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It seemed to have flown right over your head, so I thought explanation was in order.

Nevertheless: Why do you think you never, ever seem to find the words to criticize right wingers for their application of a broad brush?

I've been assured that I worship at the altar of abortion, because I'm a liberal. Never heard you complain about that broad brush.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't why you get so aggravated with me re: that. There are literally NO right-wingers around here (people wanna say @Alma is, but I disagree). There are people here I like, though, and I enjoy light-hearted conversation with them.

Nevertheless, if it will make you happy ... the fallacy of composition that is of the vogue is as ridiculous when directed at leftish sorts as it is when directed rightward.

P.S. I got the original joke and thought you realized I was just joining in on the fun.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I think broad brushing is bad by all sides and toxic to debate.

Nevertheless: The right brings it on themselves. There's a reason why RINO is an adjective. Liz Cheney is being kicked out of the party for not being pro-Trump enough.

I know plenty of Conservatives who are not pro-Trump, but the GOP seems to be pretty Trumpist at this point, and we know this because of their actions.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There has long been an embarrassing broad brush used by Fox News to describe liberals and Democrats, and that broad brush hits lots of voters, including me.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Can we revisit this at some point?

Mngwa likes this.
  8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

So I watched this whackadoodle's commercial embedded in her tweet. The Devil Went Down To Georgia response is funny. But that commercial is disturbing AF. 39 seconds in, she actually includes a medieval antisemitic woodcut of the Blood Libel (Jews killing a gentile baby to use its blood for Passover matzos. while also harvesting its organs). There's just no bottom. But sure -- the real antisemites are on the left...

I don't know how to embed my screenshot, but it's this image (though this one is reversed) [​IMG]

This is really harmful, damaging stuff.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not sure if NBA or here but so good

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OAN has the leading expert on Hunter Biden’s laptop, live right now. The Christians are avoiding the topic of mass murder and child killings where they can, and where they can’t are talking about prayers and too soon for politics. and even when they talk they give credit to the border patrol for arriving on scene.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

To know his background is to truly appreciate how he feels and a part of why he's as fed up as the rest of us.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dems have moved too far left

Draft saved Draft deleted