1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rudy: “Someone should be put in charge of DOJ who isn’t frightened that, if he does what has to be done, it will damage his reputation.”

That's EXACTLY how the anti-abortion movement got federal judges on their side, seeking out individuals who not only didn't care if their rulings made them notorious, but actually courted that notoriety. The anti-abortionists were fundamental to Citizens United, and the clusterfuck we're in today.

matt_garth and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Every Presidential election between 1992 and 2004 should be seen through an entirely different prism, one in which voters believed it didn’t actually matter who won and everything would turn out all right/slightly but not disastrously disappointing.

The biggest argument of that election was over what to do with our surplus (The first case of me being able to tell my son that things actually were better in the past and getting no argument!) There was no way for Gore to properly and meaningfully pound Bush in the debates. It was just fodder for SNL skits.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

none of this nonsense

5. Starman

stay focused
    stay focused
    stay focused
    nothing to see here
    move along
    these aren't the traitors you're looking for

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Coup Deal

lakefront likes this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"We can't temporarily remove the gas tax because that money helps pay for all the infrastructure projects in the infrastructure bill I voted against because they were wasteful and inflationary!"

Amirite?

2muchcoffeeman, matt_garth and garrow like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess 30 years of right wing talk radio saying she’s guilty of everything but the Son of Sam murders will do that.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Think of Pence delivering this speech with minor alterations

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t know why that “Sent from my iPad” makes me laugh so much, but it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted