1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

21. Then 27. Then 33 . . .

Gotta get a new roof and going to court to make the damn insurance company pay for it. :mad:

maumann likes this.
  2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Huh. For some reason, he didn't mention Loving.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You mean, after that leak the Supreme Court pulled some weeks back, you couldn't see the need for a new roof then?

That leak was about as subtle as Niagara Falls. Would test even a good roof, much less one that needs replacing.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have zero problems if someone were to use their newly-expanded gun rights to free up a couple of seats on the court.
    Six people with no accountability can't be allowed to enforce their personal will on 330 million.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This has happened because the Democratic Party failed to develop a farm system during the eight years it held the White House. We got Trump and the rest is nothing less than the death of democracy. Supermajority Trumpist SCOTUS isn’t going to stop.

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Maybe this will awaken Sinema and Manchin.

(SPOILER: It won't.)

The United States as it was once known is dead, replaced by a Christofascist plutocracy in which the only unfettered right is to gun ownership, and these two numbnuts stood by the road and watched the tanks roll through while muttering nonsense about "norms" and "precedents." A fat lot of good that does against a right wing that defecates on such notions.

Many are to blame for the current state, but these two shitgibbons had the ability to put in place the roadblocks just before the armies reached the Capitol, and they shrugged and said, "Nah, not my problem."

Then you're a fucking idiot, Manchin.

And then there is Susan Collins. Supposedly a "moderate" Republican. Actually a useless tool of the hard right who has the naïveté of a 2-year-old. I'm sure she's still very "concerned."

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hey, don't forget the weak-kneed centrists of the Republican party, who stood by and fiddled like Nero as far right-wing Tea Party and Trumpists burned down the country. Mitch McConnell and his ilk deserve more blame for this charade than the other side of Capitol Hill. They knew where this was going and failed to act for the good of the nation on multiple occasions.

They chose to undermine the rights of every American citizen in order to guarantee their viewpoints weren't undone by democracy. They stood with their hands in their pockets as Donald Trump tried to overthrow the basic fundamental right to vote.

They chose party over country. There's a difference between governing and ruling, and they blindly picked the eventual destruction of the American Experiment.

Future historians will not be kind to the current leadership of the GOP.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Which is why Republicans are in the process of banning history books.

garrow, Driftwood, UNCGrad and 3 others like this.
  10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

As usual, "The Simpsons" was right.

Republicans:

[​IMG]

Democrats:

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She’s not naive. When are people going to realize this is an act she’s riding all the way to the bank?

Susan Collins, “well I don’t know. I’m very concerned about…”

*PAC money mysteriously shows up*

SC, “I’m sure they learned their lesson.”

The only stooges here are the ones who keep playing Charlie Brown to her Lucy.

TowelWaver and wicked like this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think I've written this message before, but certain personas excluded, this is a relatively non-shitty part of the Internet, I figure I'd put some words down here.

I find myself oddly disaffected today. Not that I don't care or don't have an opinion but that this was the result of a six-year-long fait accompli.

I think I'll think some more, and sigh some more, and swallow the impulse to slug folks, digitally or in person.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted