1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It doesn't fucking matter what the Secret Service says until they are under oath.
    They probably ought to as a nod to their public assistance status.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have no legal insight but seems to me it’s this tick-tock:
    1. She does it.
    2. She’s sued.
    3. Eventually, the SCOTUS rules in her favor.

Same with every draconian measure the GQP supports, like getting rid of gay marriage and ADA.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know how this all plays out - seems pretty clear there are proveable charges but Garland - nor Biden - don't seem the type to want trials. My guess is that there are several plea deals to charges - maybe they make Trump return ALL of his PAC money and he has to sign a statement admitting what he did was unlawful. Of course, this would end up getting buried by breaking news that the US is going to send troops to Ukraine or Beyonce and JayZ are divorcing.

Trump has to admit what he did was wrong - the charge doesn't matter. He does that - his fan base will dwindle and he becomes like the Iraq War, another thing the Republican doesn't talk about anymore.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's the next GQP brocade practice?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Considering how personal Biden was for Trump, all the way down to shit talking his sons in primaries, I wouldn't be shocked to see Biden being just fine with trials.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Looks like more than few individuals were just fine putting the SS in SS.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey yo, Pallister ...

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter when it comes to them. But they will jump on the other side when it comes to the slightest inconsistency or bit of confusion or different recollections of incidents by multiple people like a fucking shark on chum. That's why I'm really hoping the committee didn't put Hutchinson out there without knowing they have her version backed up.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There is zero chance Hutchinson fabricated her testimony. She could have been wrong about details, been given bad info, etc., but the idea that someone would just perjure themselves with stuff that outlandish just for the heck of it is crazier than it sounds.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Steve Scalise was on Fox & Friends
    He was asked about Cassidy Hutchinson
    He went off on it being a witch hunt, no cross examination, why didn’t Pelosi have the national guard there
    Never mentioned Cassidy Hutchinson
    Fact she worked for him was never mentioned and his answer was not followed up
    They they resumed bashing Biden

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted