1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Do you not understand that every post you make displays such a level of condescension for all of us that makes DocQuant look cuddly?

2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Have you ever been around a self-appointed economics expert who wasn't condescending? I used to work adjacent to a PR guy in hockey who was similar. Thought he knew economics (well, and everything else) better than anyone else. No one could stand the guy.

2muchcoffeeman and Regan MacNeil like this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That one is guaranteed to get like 15 likes (I have 5 of them guaranteed in my head within the next 7 minutes).

I'm not condescending to you. And if you think I am. ... I'm a guy on a message board. Take my posts for what they are. I'd hope you could read and respond to any ideas I post here on their merits (or lack of them). It's what I try to do when you post.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That's not how condescension works. At all.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This is just Republicans balancing out decades of activism from liberal judges.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Be nice if we could hold off until my daughter graduates high school so I could make a break for the America that still nominally tries to keep roach droppings out of the protein supply.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Being brilliant is lonely work ...

10. Neutral Corner

I never claimed to know what to do, to be able to dictate policy. What I *do* know is that in a post Citizens United U.S., it is extremely difficult to get Congress to do a damn thing to cut back on carbon emissions, burning coal, or to take any meaningful steps to do enough to stop the climate changes that are continuing to become more and more obviously severe. Not as long as Big Business and Big Energy continue to spend money to oppose it, not as long at the Supreme Court is this ideologically driven.

The longer we go without taking major steps to change our energy and industrial habits the less possible it becomes to stop the runaway train. Thank God I don't have any grandchildren to curse my name for being a complacent asshole who just stood by and let it happen, who shit on their future to protect my 401k.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

DocQ is always cuddly!

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I turned 50 this year. Really looking forward to experiencing what this country was like before 1972. Thanks SCOTUS!

Draft saved Draft deleted