1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Brittany Griner pleads guilty to bringing hash oil into Russia, pleads for mercy.

2. Neutral Corner

The Georgia investigation remains Trump’s biggest problem yet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...stigation-remains-trumps-biggest-problem-yet/

"Given the finite set of facts and easy-to-understand statutes, the pack of witnesses who might cooperate and a taped recording (hardly ever available to prosecutors), it may well be easier and certainly quicker to bring discrete state charges against Trump than it would be to present the entire coup plot in federal court months from now. (Attorney General Merrick Garland can continue to anguish over the prospect of indicting a former president and later bring federal charges concerning other aspects of the coup attempt.)

At the very least, Willis’s fast-developing investigation underscores that, regardless of whether Trump truly believed he won the election, he was not allowed to pressure state officials to “find 11,780 votes” that did not exist. That is why Trump is at serious risk in Georgia — and perhaps in other states where he allegedly engaged in similar conduct."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Oy vey.

Not Georgia's problem, the country's problem, or democracy's problem -- TRUMP'S BIGGEST PROBLEM.

It is precisely this kind of journalistic malpractice by WaPo and others that gets people killed. Fuckers.

Almost forgot, ex-NYT trunt lapdog Peter Baker now running WaPo op-ed. That explains it.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One indictment, by anybody anywhere, should kick open the floodgates and bring on a tsunami of dozens to hundreds of felony charges against Fatfuck.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are still operating on the Soviet script. Gun to head, plead guilty, let us look good giving you less than maximum.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I used to bite on the "Trump in legal peril" crap every time. But now I think of Dean Wormer when I see the headlines.

upload_2022-7-7_9-8-4.jpeg

" You're not walking out of this one, mister! You're finished! No more Delta! You've bought it this time, buster! I will call your national office! I will revoke your charter! And if you wise guys try one more thing, I am kicking you out of this college! No more fun of any kind!"

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. DanOregon

And I'm guessing Griner will be out of Russia by Monday since she plead guilty and Russia will deport her.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I doubt they are letting her out without extracting something in return. There is a high stakes game going on behind the scenes, with Russia setting the bar high in terms of what it wants in return, and whoever is negotiating on the U.S. side trying to hold a line while also feeling pressure / public opinion. It's all complicated by the Russia / Ukraine situation and the U.S. sanctions. Hopefully they get her out of there, but so much can go wrong to leave her rotting there for a long time.

10. DanOregon

Well, if the US allows some food to go to Russia, I have no problem with it. Anything that lessens the commitment to Ukraine, I do.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I haven't been paying close attention to this, but the last report I saw was that Russia wanted the release of a convicted arms dealer currently serving a 25-year sentence. So, I think the toll here is going to be pretty high.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's the next GQP Boris practice?

Draft saved Draft deleted