1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I understand why people are outraged. I'm with them in their outrage. But there are better ways to express that justifiable anger than harassment. Ultimately, they're not just bugging Beer Bong Brett. They're potentially ruining the night for everybody.
    Having said that, I don't feel all that bad for Beer Bong Brett. If he wants to have a night out, I'm pretty sure he can watch his Washington Baseball Team from the owner's box any night he wants to.

Mngwa and Patchen like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tell me, what do you think that we can do to win the conservative five Supremes to our side? This I want to hear.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I suppose trying to influence those state legislatures -- where the action now really is -- is off the table. Some of those state capitals don't even have vegan restaurants!

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This is an excellent, excellent take — stop being angry at the Supreme Court and start actually paying attention on the local and state levels, which is where democracy will actually die if we let it.

State legislatures and local election commissions are more important than almost any federal race.

Patchen and heyabbott like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He can move his rapist alcoholic ass from liberal Chevy Chase Maryland and DC and live in Missouri or Alabama or Mississippi or some place that celebrates his immoral lifestyle. But he chooses to live in a very liberal area, with all the cosmopolitan indulgences that educated left wing elitists revel in. Make his life miserable. No violence, no threats. Just call him what he is whenever he’s in public.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

State legislatures like Wisconsin, so gerrymandered that a statewide popular vote of 53-46 D resulted in a legislature of 64-36 R? I suppose you could demonstrate at the Sizzler where the rep eats instead of Morton's.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Dan Crenshaw sees no problem with this.

[​IMG]

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination or does he switch the eye patch from side to side?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have zero problem with people hounding the hell out of the Opus Dei sect of SCOTUS. They want a theocracy, then go Old Testament on their asses.
    Five people can't make rules that the majority of Americans oppose and sit back on Mount Olympus.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted