1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Trump, through repeated efforts, whipped up a frenzy. I arrived at that conclusion on my own, knowing the history of Democrats occasionally talking tough.

The presentation is designed to tell Americans that Democrats are a bunch of shallow-minded hypocrites, and while you're right that it isn't going to change many minds, even if it's for the however many millions of awful people who voted for him, I do not believe it's not solely for Trump alone.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, it needed 200 video clips compiled over 25 years.

Trump could produce 200 of them in a week. I do think the frequency and extremity of it matters as it relates to conviction of the president in an impeachment trial.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

These clips worked so well the first two times they played them. ... so let's do it again!

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

But if their pitch wasn't aimed at Trump first, it wouldn't be effective for Trump's fans, because Trump would renounce it.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump is a master manipulator.

Hiring Miller to feed him the words gave him Hitleresque powers.

... and it worked bigly. A+ presentation.

6. The Big Ragu

Take away all context from the world, and indeed there is no difference between Donald Trump and Mohandas Ghandi.

matt_garth likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There isn't. Some humans were born to God over others who allow themselves to be God'ed over.

8. The Big Ragu

What are they odds that they end the presentation with, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Becki Falwell thinks that’s unoriginal.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Except that they are not.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I look at the good press Dr. Jill gets as more a reflection on what she does and who she interacts with more than anything. It's not so much her. I mean, nobody's written about what a style maven Jill Biden is, or how she looks great at almost 70.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted