1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know it was there in 2012, but I'm stunned that they didn't try to get it in Florida since the two front-runners will have big Florida ties.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

This one is better

garrow likes this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Kansas may have been lucky (FL amendments, too, have to added by voters because the legislature is so weak), but this rage that fueled the vote on this issue isn't going away.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Is this new? They are starting to wear masks again?

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

My alma mater went back to masks on campus.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

On 20 weeks? I'd think quite a few. The bill on the table is effectively 24, 25 weeks.

The vote in Kansas makes it abundantly clear: Democrats can win on this issue alone. Republicans would turn down such a deal at their own electoral peril.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Trump took Kansas by 15 percent. The pro choice side is winning the Kansas lection by about 18%. Turnout in Kansas is running at the levels normally seen in a gubernatorial election.

If I was a Republican I would be terrified. Does the upcoming election turn into a referendum on abortion rights in states that are reliably Republican but where Democratic have a larger base vote? Specifically. are Republicans going to lose support in the more socially moderate suburbs?

To use one example Governor DeWine in Ohio was supposed to cruise to reelection. DeWine also came out supporting the prohibition on abortion for an 11 year old. Ohio only went for Trump by eight points. Is DeWine in trouble now? Are DeSantis and Abbott in the same boat?

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

McCloskey got 3 percent of the return - delicious.

Some of this shit's going to be better than watching the Cowboys lose (back when that delivered something to the brain's reward centers).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    DanielSimpsonDay and Woody Long like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted