1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If ZeroHedge is a Russian propaganda operation, the Russkies have been at that game longer than is generally understood. I recall getting "You won't believe this!" ZH newsletters forwarded to me way back in the early aughts.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I forgot ZH had gone all-in on Hunter Biden. It also amplifies Greenwald all the time and he’s gone full crackpot.

garrow and Woody Long like this.
  3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

PsyOps/Propaganda are, by definition, a long game. You need to build credibility and push real information before you start pushing the propaganda/psyop material or it's less believeable.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

We’ve gone from the MAGA crowd clutching pearls about people chanting “defund the police” to advocating for defunding the FBI at CPAC.

garrow likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There is no less important big time national TV news position than WH reporter.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Point of order, Ragu thinks the unemployment numbers are bullshit during every presidency.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

@TigerVols -

Do you still believe the shit stain won't be prosecuted?
    The hoofbeats are quickening, here.

[​IMG]
    French School / ca. 18th century | The Emperor Nero Fleeing With His Entourage | Oil on canvas

8. Inky_Wretch

True. True.

But ZeroHedge? Alex Jones might have the best fantasy football advice, chili recipe and fly fishing tips on the planet but I’m not going to promote him for it.

9. Woody Long

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.

That's ZeroHedge's aim - rope in people with their good information so they'll trust it as a source and believe more of what they read there, so they'll swallow the propaganda and pass it on.

10. doctorquant

Looked up ZH and apparently my memory is faulty as re: when people were ZOMG-ing me with forwarded stuff. Couldn't have been that long ago (the early aughts as I recalled).

Also ... given the guilt-by-association codicils of sportsjournalists.com ... am I to take it that both Austrian School Economics and F.A. Hayek's oeuvre are also considered the work of Russian propagandists? Because if so ... could you please pass the vodka and the caviar?

11. Woody Long

Well, it's interesting how Hayek and Mises are so frequently quoted by fringe far right figures - the same kind of figures that Russia has cultivated to sow division in our society over the last 30 years.

Ron Paul, Rand Paul, the Libertarians, and their ilk.

2muchcoffeeman and TowelWaver like this.
  12. doctorquant

We'd have never heard of Hayek or Mises but for them division-sewin' Rooskies!

Draft saved Draft deleted