1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

People who judge others by their twang or drawl are some of the biggest idiots on the planet.

Ever heard of "country dumb"?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, just imagine the hassle of having to show up at work to do your fucking job.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He doesn't know what it's like to hold a real job. That's the entire problem.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She's the crackiest of crackpots out here. More than Boebert.

Paid out about $260,000 for a recount to get 13 votes -- and the sane winner also got an additional 13 votes.

She raised more money for the recount after going on Bannon's podcast than she raised for the primary.

She's looking at some good jail time for fucking around with voting machines from 2020. Got lucky for skipping out on bail to Vegas because her lawyer allegedly screwed up and the judge bought it.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Gore Sr. was a civil rights advocate at a time when many Southern politicians race baited. He came out against the Viet Nam War and sponsored the Interstate Highway Act. Gore Jr. looks smarter and with every heat wave. In the Watergate hearings Baker showed how a Senator should serve his nation and not be a political hack.

I think Frist, Corker and Thompson were OK. But I don't think they served with the distinction of Gore father and son and Baker.

But still the question remains. How have we fallen to the Marsha Blackburn level?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    OscarMadison, TigerVols and Driftwood like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Bible Belt turned religion into politics and politics into Saturday night wrasslin’. Every Sunday morning they are told their enemy is out there in the godless big cities ready to rip babies right out of the mom’s vajayjay so they can dismember half of them and groom the rest for gay marriage. They are convinced Democrats are itching to outlaw churches and the Bible the first chance they get and bus in crackheads to populate every street corner in their little Mayberry. And the only thing stopping them are the hardline Republicans.

You get told someone is your enemy long enough and you not only fear them but start hating them. And hate is a narcotic that keeps requiring a bigger dose to get the same high, so they wind up elevating these cartoon characters floating away from reality like a wayward Macy’s parade balloon.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thanks to the former guy, a generation of Alabamians, South Carolinians etc, are instinctively mimicking his speech patterns down.

"Dohz Tiger guys are leadin' Bama tree nuttin' okay?"

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

From my time there I greatly enjoy the southern Louisiana accent and idioms such as "true dat," "yeah you right," and "where you at," though calling someone a Yat is an insult.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I never understood why Lenny Bruce blew off non-cooperative game theory and the isometric embedding of Riemannian manifolds in particular Euclidian spaces. Now I know why ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bill Frist attempting to diagnose Terri Schiavo from the well of the Senate was not his best moment.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

In 15 minutes?

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Bill Frist was responsible for banning online poker. Bill Frist did that to enrich donors that included Harrah's and Mandalay Resorts. Bill Frist's corrupt ass should be hide-strapped to a pine rail and sent up the Monon Line.

Draft saved Draft deleted